Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pre-birthday surprise

Tomorrow is my 28th birthday but Dan had a big surprise for me today. While the kids napped this afternoon, I spent some time at church getting some work done. When I returned home I found Dan's mom at our house. I was a bit confused until Dan told me to get ready - we were going on a date. This was our first date without kids since Caleb was born. We went to see the movie Whip It.
Afterward we went out for dinner at a new place downtown, City Vu Bistro. The restaurant sits atop the City Flats Hotel and provides an impressive view of the city of Holland. The restaurant and hotel have unique, modern design and have LEED gold certification for being a "green" hotel.
It was very nice to go out just as a couple. I was touched by Dan's thoughtfulness in arranging our special date night and grateful for his mom's willingness to drive four hours to take care of our kids, especially since Caleb wasn't exactly a happy camper. Thank you both for a special night!

No comments: