Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Coming home to a big surprise

Last Monday (over a week ago) some big storms made their way through the state and we heard from good friends of ours who lost a massive tree in their backyard.  Dan and I joked about losing another tree in our backyard since we seem to have a pretty bad track record of losing at least one major tree each summer.  We reassured ourselves that surely if a tree fell down someone would let us know.  Fast forward eight days to today.  We got all of the kids inside and were unloading our luggage when Dan happened to look out the window above the kitchen sink and let out an audible gasp.  I took a look outside immediately and shared his surprise when I saw this.
 Caleb immediately got to work.
 
Oy vey.  We are very thankful that there was no damage to the house but we certainly weren't expecting to come home to this!

No comments: