Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

We try to make Valentine's Day special for the kids and somehow that often ends up revolving around festive food!  True to form we started the day with pink, heart-shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
 
 Liam had a heart-shaped tortilla instead!
I packed heart-shaped sandwiches for the kids' lunches and headed off to school.  I had a pretty nice morning at school as I joined our fifth grade students on a field trip to hear the Grand Rapids Symphony.  They performed an excellent concert and the students really seemed to enjoy it!  I took half of a personal day in the afternoon so that I could join Lillian at school for her Valentine's Day party.  We had a great time together!
 
After school the kids were very excited to open their valentines.
 
 
 
We enjoyed time together as a family and made pink, heart-shaped waffles for "brinner" (breakfast + dinner = brinner).
 
Afterward I had the idea that we should capitalize on Liam's chubby, cherubic cuteness and transform him into cupid for a special Valentine's Day photo shoot.
 
 
 
 
Of course I had to take Valentine's Day pictures of the other kids too!
 
 
 
We ended the evening  with cheesecake fondue for dessert.  It was a fun, memorable, not-so-healthy day!

No comments: