Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, Lillian!

Today is our sweet Lillian Joy's sixth birthday.  Tonight is my final performance of the year.  Many kids might be upset about this combination.  But, not our Lillian.  She is most often a "look on the bright side of things" kind of gal.  When I made the realization a few months ago that I would be directing a musical on Lillian's birthday I immediately tried to performance move dates around.  Unfortunately, there was no budging.  It is my own fault.  I approved my performance dates last spring.  But, I'm blaming my oversight on the fact that I was on maternity leave at the time with "new mom brain."  At any rate, Lillian said she was actually excited to go to my musical on her special day.  That's our girl.  She is a real sweetie!
 
 All set to go to school with her birthday treat!
 Eating dinner with Mommy at school before the show.
Opening presents!
 Not everyone gets wished "Happy Birthday" on a SMART board, you know!
Checking out the stage before the show begins!
Happy Birthday, Lillian Joy!  You have made my life richer and Daddy and I are so blessed to be your parents!

No comments: