Today we celebrated the kids' fourth snow day
and the fact that Liam did
not have to spend the morning in surgery! For those who didn't see the update on facebook,
Liam
was scheduled to have tubes put in and adenoids taken out today. This was due to persistent fluid in his ears and recurring infections,
which started at the end of September. Earlier this month, Liam developed a
rash and I decided to call the doctor. A bit to my surprise, the doctor
wanted to see him (I thought maybe she wouldn't since he had no other
symptoms). When she examined him, she
commented that his ears looked fine. I called the ENT to let them know
and see if they still thought surgery was necessary. I brought him on January 14 for a tympanogram and his ears looked great! As a result, we spent today enjoying a snow day in our jammies instead of at the hospital with Liam!
Can you tell that what kind of "snow day" doughnuts we made for breakfast this time?
Dan made coconut shrimp for dinner, which is a family favorite!
Although we were trusting God to heal Liam through surgery, we are thankful that He had other plans! And thankful for the blessings of a snowy day together!
And, until I figure out what program can rotate video clips, you can enjoy this sideways clip of Liam saying "love you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment