Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First day of school

Today was the first day of school for Lillian and Caleb.  I did not expect to be emotional dropping them off, but I was!  Lillian and Caleb were so excited to be at school together and, despite a little anxiety over the weekend, both kids were really looking forward to a new school year.
Liam and I spent the day together, which will now be our new normal for my days off.  I have the privilege of working part-time again this year, which I am incredibly thankful for.  Tomorrow I will meet my 150+ kindergarteners!  Today, however, Liam and I soaked up the time together - grocery shopping, playing, and enjoying the beautiful weather.
Lillian and Caleb both gave me huge hugs when I picked them up after school and said how "awesome" their first day was.  Their lunchtime and recess overlap so they were even able to play together for a little while at school.  I am excited to see what this year brings!

No comments: