Monday, July 28, 2008

Bottle exchange at Babies R Us

Mommy says, "Just recently I heard from my friend Meredith that Babies R Us is participating in a bottle exchange. There has been a lot of media attention recently to the debate over the effects of BPA in plastic baby bottles. To be honest, this was something I remembered reading in an article or two but hadn't pursued. Experts still don't completely agree about its effects but some retailers, including Babies R Us, are allowing customers to return any baby bottles with BPA in exchange for glass or BPA-free plastic baby bottles. I called the Babies R Us on 28th street and found out they are participating in the exchange through August 9. Because we hope to have more children in the future, I figured I had nothing to lose in making the exchange. So, we went out there this afternoon and were able to exchange three Avent bottles for three Dr. Brown's BPA-free bottles. Score! Plus, the employee who we talked to at the store was very knowledgeable and helpful. As we talked she mentioned that BPA is also in many plastic sippy cups and it may be that Babies R Us will participate in some sort of sippy cup exchange in the future. No promises there, though. All in all, the exchange was really easy. I didn't need to give them receipts or anything. I happened to have the box from the Avent bottles since we had hardly used them, but I am pretty sure they will take bottles without the boxes too. So, if you are interested, give a call to your local Babies R Us to make sure they are participating in the exchange and head out there before August 10th!"

No comments: