Tuesday, August 6, 2013

An exciting day (haircut, ice cream, and minions)!

Today has been quite the exciting day!  It started with some of the usual fun and craziness at our house...
 
...later on, Lillian and I went out to get her hair cut.  I mean, really cut!  She donated 10 inches to Locks of Love when she was three, and now it has grown long enough to donate a second time!  She was very excited!
 
 
 
Later on the whole family went out for ice cream.  
Caleb was concentrating rather hard on his ice cream!
After we put the kids to bed, Dan and I continued our project from the last few nights.  We have been hard at work sanding, staining, and sealing some of the wood work in our kitchen.  Here's some of the progress from the last few days.
 
Tonight we had to remove the door in order to stain it.  It's rather humid out and we wanted to keep the A/C on to help the stain dry, so we covered the screen door in plastic bags to minimize the amount of air flow in and out of the house.  I also positioned the minions to protect us from any intruders. 

No comments: