Saturday, August 3, 2013

Talented kids and squirrels

Lillian, Caleb, and I worked on a puzzle this afternoon.  They were quite proud when they completed it!
In unrelated news, I have a rather amazing squirrel story to share.  Tonight Dan and I walked into our bedroom and looked out the window at the same time.  There was a squirrel in our yard, which is entirely commonplace.  However, something about the squirrel caught our attention.  Perhaps it was the way he was perched on his hind legs and appeared to be staring right at us.  Impulsively, Dan and I waved at the squirrel.  With no hesitation, the squirrel raised his paw and shook it at us.  Astounded, Dan and I laughed and waved again.  For a second time, the squirrel raised his paw and shook it.  At this point Dan and I were looking at each other in amazement and decided to wave a third time.  Much to our astonishment, the squirrel raised his paw and shook it a third time!  At this point I attempted to get my camera to take a picture, knowing that the chances of making it to the other end of the house and back while the squirrel still stayed in the same position were slim.  I did manage to get a quick pic of the squirrel as a memento.  We have talented squirrels here in Holland!

No comments: